How will my book, Getting Through to Jehovah’s Witnesses: Approaching Bible Discussions in Unexpected Ways, help readers who want to reach Jehovah’s Witnesses with the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Let’s face it. Standard gospel presentations don’t work with Jehovah’s Witnesses. They have been trained to ignore them. They focus instead on teaching us “the truth”—that is, Watchtower theology.
Here’s how it goes. The Witnesses present one of the Watchtower’s heretical teachings. The Christian expresses disagreement. The Witnesses respond with replies the Watchtower has trained them to give. Both sides start exchanging Bible proof texts. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth they go.
The Christian tries to explain sound Bible doctrine to the Witnesses, but the attempt doesn’t penetrate because the Witnesses are locked into their prepared presentations. Everything is utterly predictable. Nothing gets accomplished.
There’s got to be a better way—and there is.
The key to effective communication with Jehovah’s Witnesses is getting them out of their prepared presentations by approaching Bible discussions in ways they won’t expect. In this way, the Christian can get them off autopilot and help them focus on what the Bible is really saying.
Although there is no such thing as a “can’t miss” witnessing system, I believe that by
studying my book and using its approaches, readers will overcome their fears and frustrations and begin witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses effectively and with confidence.
Specifically, readers will:
- Develop a clear understanding of what Jehovah’s Witnesses believe regarding the nature of God and the requirements for salvation and why they believe what they do
- Review what the Bible really teaches about these topics and learn how to defend these teachings from the Scriptures
- Find out what issues Jehovah’s Witnesses most frequently bring up in order to convince people that the Watchtower religion is the only true Christianity
- Understand the extent to which the Watchtower organization controls the lives of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Acquire skills for communicating effectively with Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Learn how to avoid antagonizing Witnesses when discussing sensitive topics
- Get to know the Bible proof texts Jehovah’s Witnesses use most often and understand how best to respond to them
Next week, I’ll describe the structure of the book.
The paperback edition is available for $14.99; the Kindle edition is available for $9.99. If you order the paperback, you can get the Kindle version free under Amazon’s Matchbook program.
Here is a link you can use to obtain your copy: Getting Through to Jehovah’s Witnesses: Approaching Bible Discussions in Unexpected Ways
Once you get the book and have a chance to read it, I would ask that you:
1. Try some of the approaches and let me know which ones you like best
2. Provide a short review of the book for Amazon
3. Consider using the book to start an evangelistic class or small group at your church
4. Tell your friends about the book and how to obtain it